OPINIONATION

Sunday, October 10, 2004

SHUT UP MR. SHAKESPEARE!

"What all we men write when we think we are in love. Here's something I wrote when I last entertained such a notion. I think it's a sonnet!!"

The night was positively dripping with romance.
There she was, silently destroying my soul like the Huns razed the Romans!
The Queen among women, sleeping beauty bundled in a blanket.
"Nothing’s worth disturbing her dream, not even a kiss" - my mind does a rocket.

Why do I feel the simultaneous twirling of a cotton bud
In each of my ears whenever she talks to me. "Is it rhyme?"
And what’s that frenzy drumming - only I hear the thud!
Could it be my charmed heart, working overtime!

My own words defy me, coming out before I get my tongue around
And end up as errr… brrr…. mmm… and ffff… - burst and well-ground!
I know it’s more than desire, more than love and lust - it’s greed
To get all of her and my own soul freed.

Shut up Mr. Shakespeare, "Love comforteth like sunshine after rain"???
I tell you, it’s the tempest on a heart that’s just been burnt in an oven!

1 Comments:

  • Hi.........
    I infact like shakespeare's sonnets..............
    some of them have........well.....
    a feeling which many other forms of riting do not convey.
    i personally think its stupid questioning his actual "existence".
    u noe the existence of one person as shakespeare.
    you've definitely got something too......a nice blog you've got here..........
    keep it up

    By Blogger Divyangana Rakesh, at May 27, 2007 at 2:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home