OPINIONATION

Saturday, September 25, 2004

SOUL/SOLE MATE

She: What’s a baby Kangaroo called?
I: It was a Kang before it grew.
She: What’s the difference between May and Might?
I: May is a month and Might is strength!
She: Who is a soul mate?
I: Sole mate? The only person that you want to make love to?!
She: Do you at least know what DATING is?
I: I think it’s called carbon dating – and it’s a scientific process to determine age. You want me to make a guess what your age is?

She always inspired me to come up with smart quips. I was always impressed with myself after conversing with her. We were like a 2-man ad agency. She polished my thought process and made me believe I was the best. I was the best, then!

It’s hard to imagine it’s almost ten years since I had that conversation with the girl I came to trust to be my soul mate. We were born on the same day, knew each other inside out, played mind games all the time. The last I saw/spoke to her was in 1997. I went mad when we broke up. But "what is madness, but logic of the overworked mind?"

I realize I’ve been scared of letting anyone into my private space ever since. My secrets are mine alone.

Now, I’m past the age when a man tends to see every girl as a potential bedmate - or am I?. But surely I’m not fool enough to rush, anymore. But and angel, I’m not.

My defenses are rickety. I know I’ll soon tread the path I so fear. I hope I’ll have a hand to hold all through the way! [What would Stephen King think of this last line? Very scary!]

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home